|Product family||Nintendo 3DS|
|Release date||February 26, 2011|
|Introductory price||￥25,000 ($250)|
|Operating system||Nintendo 3DS system software|
|CPU||ARM11 @ 268 MHz|
|Memory||128 MB (FCRAM)|
|Storage||2 GB Toshiba eMMC|
|Removable media||32 GB SD/SDHC card slot|
|Display||Upper: 3.5 in (8.9 cm) 800x240|
Lower: 3 in (7.6 cm) 320x240
The Nintendo 3DS is the original model in the Nintendo 3DS family of consoles. It was released on February 26, 2011 in Japan and in March 2011 for Australia, Europe, and North America. The 3DS was a very successful console family, selling 75.94 million units and the 3DS family was not discontinued all the way until September 2020.
My Nintendo 3DS is the red-colored model from Japan, which I bought off eBay for $65 on September 11, 2021.
On June 25, 2023, I decided to homebrew this 3DS to allow me to play games from any region, instead of just Japanese ones. This makes it easier for me to find games locally and also makes it easier for me to understand the games I play since I still have lots to learn regarding Japanese.
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
- とびだせ どうぶつの森 (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
- イラスト交換日記 (Illustrated Exchange Diary)
- 毛糸のカビィ プラス 体験版 (Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn Trial)
- メイドインワリオ ゴジャス 体験版 (WarioWare Gold Trial)
- 名探偵ピカチュウ 特別体験版 (Detective Pikachu Special Trial Version)
- みんなで！カービィハンダーズZ (Team Kirby Clash Deluxe)
- モンハン日記 ぽかぽかアイルー村DX (Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village)